Saturday, September 30, 2017

Inspired By All the Little Things #66 featuring Anita in France

Hello Tracey here and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


This week I have invited...




I asked Anita to share a bit about herself...

1.  What is the name of your blog … when and why did you start it.

I blog at My Papercraft World … and started it because I couldn’t figure out any other way to play along with an online paper crafting event that I’d signed up for!  I’d been dabbling in card making for a short while up till then, though hadn’t discovered the amazing, welcoming, warm and outstandingly friendly world of blogland  Once that discovery was made, I was well and truly hooked … and have been making the most wonderful friends, having fun and learning in the five years since!

2.  What is your style of card making.

It’s mostly Clean and Simple … I’m a bit of a minimalist, so the uncluttered look with lots of open space suits me.  Occasionally I’ll throw in a bit of whimsy or some interesting techniques … and though these cards tend to be a little busier than classic CAS, I still like to keep them crisp, fresh and under-embellished.

3.  Who inspires you as a designer.

There are so many … where would you like me to stop??  For a long time now, I’ve loved to watch, be inspired by, and learn from Therese Calvird at Lost in Paper … seems she can turn her hand to anything … her delivery is just so relaxed and easy (even after a stint on night duty!) … and if I could colour even a smidge as well as she can, I would be a happy soul!  I’m also awestruck by the creativity of an eclectic group of designers (naming just a few of the many) … those who share my love of CAS, (Bev, Hannelie, Laura, Laurie), others who use techniques to perfection (Jennifer, Loll, Shirley),  more who make quirkiness and the unexpected into an art form (Cornelia, Darnell, Maria), and those whose designs always have that certain pizazz and je ne sais quoi (Barb G, Marybeth, Michele).  There are more!  

4.  What sort of things inspire you as a card maker … photo’s, sketches, other designers.

All of the above … plus colour palettes, adverts, packaging, nature, interiors, textiles, furniture … almost everything I can lay my eyes on!

5.   Share something about yourself we may not know.

I’m probably one of the very few people in the world that doesn’t own a mobile phone … had one for many years in the corporate world … and now really don’t feel the need for one!




The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!


Kimberly Lackenbach


LauraJane 



Leigh Penner 



Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs



Sheri Gilson



Silke Ledlow



Wanda Cullen


...an of course one from me.



We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, October 6th at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so very much for having me over to Guest Design with you, Tracey (and the DT) ... I'm honoured to be among such fabulous card makers ... your floral inspiration this week is especially outstanding! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! So nice to see Anita as this week's GD! Her card is wonderful, and the DT has done a marvelous job with their takes on that lovely inspiration photo as well! Hope to play along too! : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing inspiration from the team and Anita ...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete